Simplifile® Bureau - Technical Information
CD Solutions - Outline of Options
- Removal of staples, paperclips; straightening and counting of papers
Scan to CD
- Initial scanning process to capture images of existing papers and store in a structured format
on CD. Files are held in industry standard formats. The files are structured within the limits
of information available and client's definition
Index Data Entry
- Filing structure (levels required in storage hierachy / database)
- Building a viewable index of the CD contents allowing the user to search for particular files or subjects on the index
Adding interactive links from the index to the scanned images, automatically presenting them on
the screen for browsing or printing
Captured Data (Text)
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) text conversion for suitable pages, enabling the user to
search for key words or phrases within the documentation or to extract text for re-use in,
for example, word processing
- As described above, but with captured text being spell-checked and verified against the original
papers prior to being filed
Captured Data (Mark)
- Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) data conversion for suitable pages, enabling the user to extract data for use in database analysis
Industry-standard formats available are:
Group III TIF single page or multiple page
Group IV TIF multiple page or single page
Acrobat PDF multiple page or single page.
Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Access.
FilePlus® Electronic Filing System.
Client's nominated filing system.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (Free licence available from www.adobe.com),
available for Windows, Apple MAC, Unix.
Kodak Imaging (supplied inclusively with recent releases of Windows), or other Windows compatible similar software.
Market leading graphics software, such as Adobe Photoshop, will read single page Group III TIF files.
Web Browsers such as Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer.